1. My dad Les was a Rocket Scientist who rendered any repairperson (appliance, vehicle, stereo, motorized) unnecessary, having gone electronics in the Navy. Les dropped dead of a heart attack in front of a nurse at age 66.
2. I’m a 5th generation Californian thanks to mom Loretta, who’s great great great somebody must have had stories to tell after *staying* with an Indian tribe for some time, teaching them his coveted skill of blacksmithing.
3. I was at band camp battling for first chair clarinet when Elvis died, providing my 1st glimpse of a hysterical 9th grade girl. He was her King, clearly.
4. I have performed in front of 50,000 people and some used to call me Vanilla Shake.
5. I got my first tattoo of a sun on top of my left foot upon returning home to California after 8 years of living in Seattle, Washington.
6. I came out as a lesbian (the first time) when I was 20, on a visit home for Christmas. Loretta started moaning, put herself to bed, but when she got into action probably felt confident as the shrink I was rushed off to was both a Presbyterian Minister (church camp too) and an old fraternity brother of Dad’s.
7. I’m the Mother of 13 year old twin boys, the supreme bonus of one of my two marriages to men.
8. I've let fear dictate decisions in my life more often than I’d like to admit, but I’m grateful for my capacity to change.
9. My older brother Eric joined a punk rock band when he was 20 so I became a little punk wannabe and learned I related to things falling outside of the mainstream: Billy Idol hair at 18.
10. Eric hung himself to death 18 months after Dad died.
11. Somehow I’ve managed to do time in Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi. I can tell you what Jackson’s like if you care to hear.
12. I've spent over 20 years as a Fitness Professional trying to motivate, inspire, effect positive change, show possibilities, increase confidence, develop trust, share vulnerabilities, and generally contribute to the betterment of people. You must move, music is optional.
13. I’m one quarter Armenian which surely explains my super fine ass.
Oh hello. If you want to work out with amazing trainers at cool locations, both indoors and out, and have your whole fitness endeavor supported by cool technology and fun people, visit fitmob.com and then come to a class or go to someone else's, and then tell me all about it. Or download the app in the app store and tell me about that. And if you have friends (3-6) who want to share a Trainer ask me about that please.
Time to Read
Fitness, food, lifestyle, politics, fashion, relationships. . .it's all fair game in blogland
Check me on Facebook!